A mentor is an experienced entrepreneur or a highly qualified specialist who understands
the tasks and problems of a startup based on own experience and is ready to share experiences
and connections. A mentor usually works with teams for free or a minority stake (up to 5%).
Frequency and duration of engagement:
Tasks during the meeting:
Following are suggested tasks to be completed during the meeting:
- Discuss overall experience of the Incubate with particular attention to any concerns raised.
- Review logbook or portfolio with the Incubate to determine whether the Incubate is on target of meeting the goals.
- Revisit earlier concerns or unresolved issues, if any;
- Explore any factors seriously interfering with mentoring.
- Document excerpts of the interaction in the logbook Mandatory reporting to Program Director or Head of the Department.
- Consecutive absence from three scheduled meetings without any valid reasons.
- Unprofessional behavior.
- Consistent underperformance in spite of counseling.
- Serious psychological, emotional or health problems that may potentially cause unsafe for growth.
- Any other serious concerns by the mentor.