The number of IT Park resident companies to date has reached 996, which shows an increase of 190% since the beginning of the year! At the same time, 736 companies are located in Tashkent, and 260 are located in the regions.
Out of 996 resident companies:
• 333 – newly opened companies;
• 142 – companies with foreign capital;
• 186 – educational companies;
• 291 – exporting companies, of which: 150 – development companies and 141 – BPO companies.
It should be noted that to date, 592 companies have received the status of IT Park resident, and 248 companies have been denied it.
In addition, 119 companies were deprived of their resident status for non-compliance with obligations to IT Park. As you know, residents must carry out their activities in accordance with the requirements of the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers No.589 of July 15, 2019 and fulfill obligations under the Agreement on the conditions for the activity of IT Park resident.
In particular, the duties of IT Park residents include:
• carry out exclusively the types of activities specified in the business plan based on the types of activities according to the List;
• provide information on its activities to the IT Park Directorate on a quarterly basis;
• annually conduct an audit of financial and economic activities and send one copy of the audit report to the IT Park Directorate;
• fulfillment of obligations arising from the Agreement on the conditions of the residentʼs activities with the IT Park Directorate.
Residents who violate the requirements of the Regulations are deprived of their resident status, and tax benefits will be canceled, with the restoration of obligations to pay them to the State Budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the prescribed manner.
It is noteworthy that thanks to the benefits provided, IT Park residents create additional jobs and increase the number of IT-specialists in our country. Thus, 14590 people operate in resident companies. It should be noted that the number of employees in resident companies for the same period last year was 8640 people.
Recall that in order to obtain the status of IT Park resident, legal entities must submit their applications and business plan through the electronic portal at the link: https://it-market.uz/