In November, the “FTxSDG Challenge” start-up competition, organized by The Financial Times in cooperation with Seedstars, will take place. IT Park is the media partner of this competition.
The aim of the competition is to support entrepreneurs in emerging markets. The competition will be divided into themes based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- gender equality;
- fight climate change;
- quality education;
- decent work and economic education;
- reducing inequality;
- good health and well-being.
Both owners of ready-made startups and those who do not have a finished product can take part in the competition.
Individual participants will work in groups throughout the month to solve real problems in various directions. At the end of the course, the groups will conduct a pitching.
Prizes for startups and individual participants who do not have their own project are different.
Startup prizes include:
- short track in Seedstars Investor Fund (investment amount is $500,000);
- Free participation in the 3-month Seedstars Growth Program (worth $80,000).
Prizes for individual members include:
- mentoring sessions;
- Free access, as well as discounts on more than 50 tools (totaling more than $49,000), including AWS, Hubspot, Miro, Twilio and others;
- certificates and awards;
- PR support;
- posting pitches on the FT Talent website;
- access to exclusive master classes.
Requirements for applying as an individual participant:
- be interested in one of the topics;
- love to think and solve problems on the way;
- be able to bring fresh ideas and think critically.
Requirements for applying as a founder of a startup project:
- the startup must correspond to any of the topics of the competition;
- a startup must have an MVP;
- a startup must have initial traction;
- a startup should be focused on an emerging market.
Deadline for applications: November 1, 2021
More details on the website: https://fttalent.ft.com