From this year’s October 25 , application for the second wave of the annual “Students Cup” competition opens, which is organized on the initiative of IT Park in collaboration with incubation centers at higher educational institutions of Uzbekistan and the IT Academy with the support of the Dubai Future Foundation in order to develop entrepreneurship and start-up ecosystems among students.
The total prize pool for this year’s competition is $ 20,000. The funds which are won will help the winner and prize-winners to implement their innovative project in all spheres that are related to IT.
What will be in the competition?
Students of 20 higher education institutions that have incubation centers supported by IT Park will have the opportunity to improve their skills in managing innovative projects, carefully work out their MVP taking into account all the shortcomings and prepare for the final presentation, which will be held on December 11 of this year.
Throughout the preparatory process, the participants of the competition will be accompanied by mentors represented by experienced specialists in the field of information technology and innovation, who will answer all questions of interest and help with correcting errors.
Which university students are allowed to participate in the competition?
1. Inha University in Tashkent
2. Amity University in Tashkent
3. Turin Polytechnic University in Tashkent
4. Branch of the PRUE Plekhanov in Tashkent
5. Tashkent Financial Institute
6. Singapore Institute for Management Development in Tashkent
7. Uzbek State World Languages University
8. Tashkent State Economic University
9. Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute
10. University of World Diplomacy and Economics
11. Karshi Engineering and Economic University
12. Shakhrisabz branch of Tashkent State Pedagogical University
13. Shakhrisabz branch of the Tashkent Chemical-Technological Institute
14. Samarkand branch of the Tashkent University of Information Technologies
15. Andijan State Medical Institute
16. Jizzakh branch of the National University of Uzbekistan
17. Jizzakh State Pedagogical Institute
18. Fergana branch of Tashkent University of Information Technologies
19. Urgench branch of the Tashkent University of Information Technologies
20. Gulistan State University
Pay attention! The 3 best projects that win the competition will receive monetary rewards in the amount of:
1st place - $ 10,000
2nd place - $ 6,000
3rd place - $ 4,000
Project Evaluation Criteria
- The relevance of the proposed startup;
- Innovation and technological orientation, novelty of the idea of a startup project;
- Assessment of the achievability of results;
- Assessment of the demand for this product or service in the modern market;
- Assessment of potential competitive advantages of the project;
- Investment attractiveness of the project;
- Economic efficiency.
What do you have to do to participate?
To participate in the “Students Cup” competition, follow the link and fill out the form: https://clck.ru/YRgYh
Upon completion of registration, the organizers of the competition will select promising projects, and the selection results will be published from 22 to 25 November this year.
The deadline for applications is November 7.
Qualifying round at universities – from 8 to 13 November.
Pre-moderation by external experts – from 15 to 20 November.
The final of the competition is December 11.
For more information on the Students Cup Startup Competition, contact your university’s incubation center.